News

Local contractor impresses Government on road project

RING road in Lusaka.

STEVEN MVULA, Lusaka
GOVERNMENT has praised Tomorrow Investments for quality works on the 43km maintenance project of the Vyamba Chinakila road in Mpulungu district.
Northern Province Minister Freedom Sikazwe said he is happy that a Zambian-owned company has done a commendable job.
This is contained in a statement availed to the Daily Mail yesterday.
Mr Sikazwe is member of Parliament for Mpulungu.
“It is encouraging to see a Zambian contractor being so efficient and up to the standards. I have visited the site. This contractor is doing an excellent job and they have enough equipment,” Mr Sikazwe said.
He, however, warned that any contractor doing shoddy works will have their contract terminated immediately.
Government through the Road Development Agency (RDA) early this year awarded Tomorrow Investments Limited 80 percent of a contract to gravel 43kms of the Vyamba-Chinakila road while the other 20 percent went to another contractor.
Mr Sikazwe said some local contractors have let Government down despite being paid huge sums of money.
“Some contractors at bidding time claim to own proper   equipment, but we see them using axes to clear bushes. This is an insult to Government and the Zambian people and we will not tolerate such contractors,” he said.
Tomorrow Investments corporate affairs manager Mutale Mwamba says the company is up to the task and will not disappoint Government.
“Tomorrow Investments Limited is known for delivering quality works on all projects and we intend to do the same on Vyamba Chinakila road.”
“We pride ourselves on delivering quality works. Government and the people should therefore be assured that we will deliver a formidable product on this road as well,” Mr Mwamba said


Facebook Feed

Ad1