News

Cooker fired Chilonga Mission

Police spokesperson Esther Katongo.

CHOMBA MUSIKA, Lusaka
PRELIMINARY findings of investigations into the fire that burnt Chilonga Mission Nursing School in Mpika in the early hours of Saturday indicate that it was ignited by a cooker, which was left on after a power outage, police spokesperson Esther Katongo has said.
Ms Katongo said in a statement issued yesterday that the fire, which gutted the school around 03:30 hours, could have started after power was restored.
“The area experienced a power outage from 15:00 hours and power was restored at about 21:00 hours.
“The entire midwifery school was gutted and this includes the kitchen, skills laboratory, library, staff offices, a classroom, 22 student rooms, three storerooms, one guest room and an administration block,” she said.
Ms Katongo said the value of the property destroyed is yet to be ascertained.



Facebook Feed

Ad1