News

Boy, 4, dies in fire

BUTTYSON KANDIMBA, Solwezi
A FOUR-YEAR-OLD boy of Kachila Village in Senior Chief Musele’s realm in Kalumbila district has died while four other children escaped unhurt after the house they were sleeping in caught fire while their parents were away attending a funeral.

North-Western Province commissioner of police Auxensio Daka said yesterday that the incident happened on Thursday around 22:00 hours and named the deceased as James Kachila.
Mr Daka said it is suspected that the fire was caused by a brazier which was left burning in the house.
“The matter was reported by David Stan Kakundukundu, aged 53, that his grandson James Kachila died after sustaining burns while sleeping in a hut,” he said.
Mr Daka said the boy suffered severe body burns and that police suspect no foul play.



Facebook Feed

Ad1