News

Suspected ritual murderers strike

NANCY SIAME, Lusaka
IN A suspected ritual murder case, police have picked a dismembered body of an unidentified man aged between 30 and 35 years in Lusaka’s Zingalume township.
The body was with missing private parts, a ripped stomach and without the right ear.

Police spokesperson Esther Katongo said in a statement yesterday that the body was found in the early hours of yesterday in a yard of one of the houses in the high density township.
“Around 02:30 hours, police officers on patrol in the area received a report from a newspaper distributor that he had seen a person being dragged by some people,” she said.
Ms Katongo said when officers followed up the report, they discovered blood on one of the roads and followed the traces until they found the body.
She said police took it to the University Teaching Hospital (UTH) mortuary where it awaits post-mortem and identification.
“We are calling upon families who could be missing a relative to visit UTH and help identify the body,” Ms Katongo said.
Ms Katongo advised members of the public to avoid moving unaccompanied in the dark to avoid falling prey to such evil acts.
She said investigations have been instituted in the matter.
At least 10 people were reportedly killed in Lusaka last year and their body parts, including hearts and genitals, were removed.
The wave of killings started on March 17 when police found four dead men with missing body parts in George township.
Eleven people were arrested in connection with the killings, and four of the suspects have been appearing in court.

 



Facebook Feed

Ad1