Man nabbed over father’s death

POLICE on the Copperbelt have arrested a 24-year-old man of Mpongwe district who killed his father, 67, for allegedly meddling in his marriage.
Deputy commissioner of Police Biemba Musole confirmed in an interview yesterday that Milimo Muyaba allegedly killed his father after a quarrel on Saturday.
“The father was against his son’s idea of keeping his parents-in-law,” Mr Musole said.
He said the man’s father, Simon Muyaba, was advising him against keeping his wife’s parents.
“A fight ensued and the son inflicted two deep cuts on his father’s head using an unknown but sharp instruments,” Mr Musole said.
The deceased’s body is lying in Mpongwe District Hospital mortuary, awaiting post-mortem.
Milimo has been arrested and charged with murder and will be appearing in court soon.
Meanwhile, a 37-year-old man of Kapiri Mposhi has committed suicide after he allegedly killed his wife in unknown circumstances, police in Kabwe have said.
Kelvin Musonda of Chikoloma village in Chief Chipepo’s area is believed to have drunk a poisonous substance on April 22. His body was only discovered last Thursday in the bush after his wife had already been buried.
Central Province deputy police commissioner Edwin Bwanga said in an interview yesterday that Mr Musonda took his life after he realised that he had killed his wife.
“It is not yet known why Mr Musonda decided to kill his wife,” he said.
Police visited the crime scene after John Mpandika, 48, a cousin of the deceased man, reported the matter.
Mr Bwanga said Mr Musonda’s body was found in a decomposed state and part of the face eaten by dogs. Police advised relatives of the deceased to bury the body without delay because of its condition.
And a taxi driver identified as Thomas Kasonde was on Thursday attacked by five bandits who snatched his car, a Toyota Corolla, K700 cash and a cell-phone.
Mr Bwanga said the attackers, armed with unknown weapons, initially booked Mr Kasonde’s vehicle at Mukobeko junction but later attacked him somewhere on Mulungushi Road.
The bandits pushed the victim out of the car and tied him to a tree in the bush before they sped off with his car. According to police, Mr Kasonde was rescued by passers-by who took him to Kabwe General Hospital.

Facebook Feed