News

Girl, 7, dies after eating cassava leaves

CATHERINE MUMBA , Choma
A SEVEN-YEAR-OLD girl of Sinazongwe has died while her two siblings are admitted to a health facility after they consumed some poisonous cassava leaves locally known as shombo.
Southern Province Commissioner of Police Diamond Likashi said the incident happened on Friday around 23:00 hours.
Mr Likashi said the matter was reported to the police by the children’s father, Jullian Sianondwe, 42, of Chamukwapulo village in Sinazongwe district CLICK TO READ MORE

Send Your Letters

Facebook Feed

Ad1