News

Fire kills 2 toddlers

ELIZABETH CHATUVELA, Mongu
TWO children of the same family have been burnt to death in Shangombo district in Western Province after the house they were sleeping in

caught fire.
The incident happened on Monday around 20:00 hours in Ngunge village in Chief Mulangu’s area.
Western Province commissioner of police Charles Lungu said in an interview yesterday that the two met their fate after a candle which was left burning in the house fell on their beddings, causing the fire to spread to other rooms.
Mr Lungu named the deceased as one-year-old Nicholas Tommy and Peter Njeulu, 4, whose mother Namenda Lubale, 20, left them under the care of a 14-year-old girl when she went for work at a nearby restaurant.
“However, this girl left the house with the candle lit. When she returned, she found the house completely engulfed by fire,” he said.

Tender

Facebook Feed

Ad1